Last Updated: July 16, 2014
Effective Date: August 16, 2014
- You may control the collection of information associated with you by going to http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp or emailing email@example.com.
- We do not sell your Personally Identifiable Information to third parties.
- We have secure systems in place to protect your sensitive private information, however no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, thus we cannot and do not warrant that any information is safe or secure from exposure to third parties.
- If you have any inquiries, complaints, or concerns about the collection, protection and dissemination of your data, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I. Key Terms
- "Anonymous Information" means data that a User has submitted to the Service, or has been accumulated by the Service, that cannot reasonably be connected to or associated with any Personally Identifiable Information. This data may include, but is not limited to, averages and or totals of browser and operating system types, entry and exit pages, User, artist, or album popularity, demographic information, and amount of data transferred.
- "Personally Identifiable Information" means unencrypted data which can be used to identify or contact a person uniquely and reliably, including a User’s name, address, phone number or e-mail address.
- "Public Information" means data that a User has submitted to the Service, or has been accumulated by the Service through its use, and is available to be viewed and/or consumed by any User of the Service or the general public. This may include, but is not necessarily limited to playlists, tags, comments made through your Google or Twitter login, listening history, a User's combined first and last name, and/or information accessible on a User's public profile.
- "User" means any user who is interacting with the Service.
II. Information we collect:
- Public Information. To provide the needed data to make the Service possible, EMG collects and stores information that includes, but is not limited to:
- User information submitted to register for our Service;
- Information entered into User profiles;
- Music library information (as well as accompanying information such as tags, ratings, usage data, and comments);
- Information submitted to polls, contests, sweepstakes, surveys or other features of the Service, or information about when you respond to offers or advertisements on the Service;
- Anonymous information. EMG records Anonymous Information about Users of the Service, which is stored as necessary to fulfill our legal obligations, resolve disputes, enforce our agreements, operate our business and improve the performance of the Site.
- IP Address Information. When you use the Service, the IP Address of the computer or network device making the request is stored. IP address information is used and stored for as long as necessary to enforce our agreements, resolve disputes, improve and operate our business and fulfill our legal obligations. This may be done without any notification to you.
- Data Retention. Except as otherwise stated herein, we may retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide the Service, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. If you wish to cancel your account, contact us at email@example.com.
III. How we use the information we collect:
- Maintenance and Improvement. We use the information we collect from the Service to provide, maintain and improve the Service.
- Protection. We use the information we collect from the Service to develop new services, and to protect EMG and our Users.
- Customization. We may use the information that we collect from the Service to customize and personalize the advertising and the content you see.
- Cookies. We may use cookie technology to collect website usage data and make your advertising more relevant. We may also:
- Use "flash cookie" technology as part of the music player to store User preferences and session information. Flash cookies are different from browser cookies because of the amount of, type of, and how data is stored. Cookie management tools provided by your browser will not remove flash cookies. To learn more about how to manage privacy and storage settings for flash cookies, please visit http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager.html#117118.
- Partner with third party advertisers who may (themselves or through their partners) place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser. These cookies enable more customized ads, content or services to be provided to you. No Personally Identifiable Information is on, or is connected to, these cookies. These cookies may reflect de-identified location, demographic or other data linked to data you have voluntarily submitted to us (e.g., your email address, in hashed, non-human readable form). To opt out of these cookies, please visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices.
- Allow third parties (including Remarketing with Google Analytics Advertising Features) to place cookies and other tracking technologies, such as web beacons, clear GIFs, and tracking pixels, on the Site for the purpose of retargeting or allowing that third party to record that a User has visited the Site or used the Service, or to gather other information, provided that such a third party is doing so only to collect Anonymous Information that will not include any Personally Identifiable Information. In some instances third parties may request an encrypted or "hashed" (non-human readable) User identifier that may correspond to other information already obtained from another party on a particular User. To learn more about behavioral advertising or to opt-out of this type of advertising, please visit http://www.privacychoice.org/choose, http://www.networkadvertising.org, and/or http://rt.displaymarketplace.com/optout.html.
- As is true of most websites, we may gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information may include IP addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. We may use this information, which does not identify individual users, to analyze trends, to administer the Service, to track Users’ movements around the Site, to improve the Service and to gather demographic information about our User base as a whole. We do not link this automatically-collected data to Personally Identifiable Information.
- Surveys/Sweepstakes. We may use information collected through Surveys/Sweepstakes to:
- Send you newsletters and otherwise provide you with information or services you request or that we think will be of interest to you, such as sending you information to keep you informed about various events, promotions, contests, products, surveys, sweepstakes and services; and
- Notify and contact contest and sweepstakes entrants and winners.
IV. Information you share:
- Access to your Personal Information. If your personal information changes you may update it as necessary by visiting the profile settings page here. If you no longer desire to use our Service, you may deactivate your account by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Newsletters. If you wish to subscribe to our newsletter(s), we will use your name and email address to send the newsletter to you. Out of respect for your privacy, we provide you a way to unsubscribe. You may choose to stop receiving our newsletter or marketing emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in such emails or by updating your preferences within your profile settings here.
- Connect. You can login to our Site using sign-in services such as Google, Twitter, Last.FM and Flattr. These services will authenticate your identity and provide you the option to share certain personal information to pre-populate our signup form, including without limitation, your name, gender, birth date, country, language, time zone and email address. Services like Google and Twitter give you the option to post information about your activities on this Site to your profile page to share with others within your network.
V. How we share information we collect:
- Public Information. EMG may display or share with third parties Public Information gathered from the Service in order to improve our business operations, fulfill our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements. For example, we may share Public Information to show trends about the general use of our Services, which may be displayed on beluga.grooveshark.com and/or in other areas of the Service. EMG may also share Public Information via the API.
- Anonymous information. Anonymous Information may be shared with any third party EMG chooses at any time and for any length of time (including making this data available via the API).
- Personally Identifiable Information. Personally Identifiable Information will not be displayed or shared with any third party unless one of the following circumstances apply:
- With your authorization - Should you utilize any feature or piece of functionality in the Service and (A) provide your username or password to a third party service, such as a credit card processor, (B) authorize the exchange of data from the third party service to the Service via the third parties website, API, or product, or (C) voluntarily provide or display such information at your choosing, you authorize EMG to share your Personally Identifiable Information with such third party service. Notwithstanding the foregoing, certain protected personal information, including PayPal username and password, and credit card information (plain text or encrypted), will never be shared with any third parties except as necessary to operate the Service and as explicitly approved by you.
- Surveys/Sweepstakes - We may share information you provide to us to administer your participation in any contest, survey or sweepstakes, or other features of the Service, and for other purposes stated on the entry form, such as to allow us to contact you to notify you of a potential prize you may have won.
- Unsubscribe - If you unsubscribe for a mailing that we sent to you on behalf of a third party, we may share your removal instructions with the third party so that your email address may be added to that company’s list of people to whom they will no longer send emails to directly.
- Personalization - We may share your information with a third party when we jointly offer a feature or service with that third party, such as connectivity with other applications or websites, to provide personalization to the Service.
- For the API - Certain features in the Service may allow for or be introduced to allow for integration between the Service and other third party services. In order for some features to be provided, some Personally Identifiable Information may need to be transferred between EMG and the third party service.
- Legal reasons - We may also disclose your information (including Personally Identifiable Information):
- As required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena or similar legal process;
- When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our legal or property rights, protect your safety or the safety of Users or others, or respond to a government request;
- To protect against or investigate fraud or for risk management purposes;
- In connection with a merger between Escape Media Group and another entity, or in the event of a transfer of all or some of our assets to another company.
- Advertising. Advertisers are not given special access to a User's Personally Identifiable Information unless otherwise stated in this Policy or the Terms of Service. If you choose to follow an advertisement link, you do so at your own risk. EMG does not guarantee the safety or accuracy of any third party site, advertisement or product. Advertisers also have their own privacy policies and terms of service that must be carefully reviewed.
- If you, the User, object to the above treatment of your information, then please refrain from using the Service and follow this link (http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp) to control the use and collection of your information, which may result in limited access to the Service.
VII. Data Security
- EMG takes reasonable steps to protect information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. EMG has in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration and destruction.
- The security of your Personally Identifiable Information is important to us. When you enter sensitive information (such as a credit card number) on our order forms, we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL).
- The Service contains links to other Internet websites which we do not operate and, conversely, other Internet websites may contain links to our Website. We are not aware of and are not responsible for the privacy policies, practices, or content of such other websites. We encourage visitors to read and become familiar with the privacy policies maintained by such other websites.
IX. Forum Selection and Choice of Law:
XII. Consent to processing:
XIII. Your California privacy rights:
- California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits Users who are California residents to request and obtain from us once a year a list of the third parties to whom we disclosed their personal information (if any) for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year and the categories of personal information disclosed to those third parties. If you wish to make such a request or have any questions about EMG's information sharing practices, you may contact us by sending an email to email@example.com or writing us at the address listed below.
Escape Media Group, Inc. (Grooveshark)
201 SE 2nd Ave., Suite 201
Gainesville, FL 32601
- Escape Media Group, Inc. (Grooveshark)